I have the strangest deja vu. I was gone again for more than a year, RL is hectic, there's always not enough time and inspiration come and goes. But my new year resolution is to at least enter one challenge a month, so I hope I stick to it, since I didn't make a single icon in 2019 :(
And just like last time I'm back with a set for monthlyinspo and guess what? I'm still obsessed with "Elite", so it's again the center of attention in this post. I told you, deja vu! I've also been lurking at dreamwidth too and saw the "I'm kind of a big deal" challenge @ fandom10in30 and since I had a lot of fun with it last time, I decided to do it again. So without further ado, here are the icons:
 Elite,  Riverdale,  One Tree Hill,  Sense8,  Hightown,  Grey's Anatomy,  Legend of the Seeker,  Schitt's Creek,  The Expanse,  Supernatural,  La casa de papel,  13 Reasons Why,  Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,  Arrow,  Hawaii 5-0,  The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina
 Elite for Round 30: 2019 to 2020 @ monthlyinspo
Okay, there were a lot of great movies, shows and episodes last year, but the highlight for me continues to be Netflix's Elite. Although it's nothing we haven't seen before, I just love it so much. It's definitely my biggest guilty pleasure. The cast has great chemistry and at this point I don't care about the plot (which was kinda predictable in season 2), I just want to see characters interact with each other. Omander continues to be my OTP through the high and lows this season, I liked how they went from " you can f*ck, whoever you want" to moving in together in like 2 seconds lol. Which brings me to give a shout out to Ander's mother, she's been great this season. We don't see much of the parents, which is something Riverdale should take note among other things. With Season 3 coming in a couple of months, I just hope they don't kill off my boy Ander or I WILL RIOT!!! Carla/Samu were another highlight this season. Tbh I didn't see that coming, at first I was "okay, this is weird, it's so not going to work, wtf the writers are on", but at the end of the season I was "omg, I just want these two to eat maccaroni together and be happy" :D With 3 of the main cast gone for season 2 (good riddance, btw), the new additions were upgrade from last year, I kinda like Alvaro & Rebecca, but Cayetana can go to hell, no one needs that bitch around. And the finale, omg broken friendships, new friendships, broken people and that psycho walking in the hall like he owns the school. Okay enough rambling, just go watch the show on Netflix while I'm waiting on the new season. Season 3, get your ass back here! I'm ready!
 Multifandom for Challenge 25: "I'm kind of a Big Deal" @ fandom10in30
Supernatural | The Expanse | Elite | La Casa de Papel | Hightown
Schitt's Creek | Legend of the Seeker | Sense8 | One Tree Hill | Grey's Anatomy
So, since I have already done this type of challenge I took a bit of different approach this time and it's all about the fandoms.
1. Show I need to catch up on - Supernatural - OMG, can't believe this show is coming to an end, I always felt it was gonna be on the air forever. I kinda dropped the show after season 9 (with few dissapointing seasons before that, let's pretend season 7 doesn't exist). But since it's ending is near, I started to catch up on and watched S10 during the winter break and I kinda liked it. Rowena was great, it's been a long time they introduced an interesting character, but I just love that
2. Show, I didn't expect to like as much as I do - The Expanse - I'm not usually a fan of space dramas, never got into Star Wars or Star Trek (oops), but a friend kept recommending this show and every time we saw each other he was like "Did you watch the show? Tell me you watched it!", so I kinda gave up and decided to give the show the chance and he was right, I was not dissapointed. The plot is great, the characters are great, everything is great! Jim with his puppy eyes always gets my heart and Amos is just a big teddy bear, which I want t hug and never let go of. I'm so glad Amazon saved the show after Syfy cancelled it, it was well deserved!
3. Current obsession - Elite - I JUST LOVE THIS SHOW! And I love Ander with all his flaws. Last season wasn't easy for him and with all the foreshadowing, I hope they doesn't kill him off next season. For more rambling about the show, scroll above.
4. How did I not watch this earlier? - La Casa de Papel - Okay, I must admit spanish shows are pretty great. And thanks to my obsession with Elite, I found out about this show and it's absolutely excellent. The writing is so good, the twist and turns are great, there's so much tension between the episodes, which reminds me of the earlier days of Prison Break, when I was watching every episode at the edge of my seat. With such a simple concept I didn't have high hopes and was pleasantly surprised. It's a show definitely worth a watch, you won't regret it, I promise. Go check it on Netflix!
5. Show I'm looking forward to - Hightown - I have been a fan of Monica Raymund since Chicago Fire and alhough they ruined her character, I still miss her deeply. Dawsey will be forever an endgame for me! Anyway, I'm excited for her new show. I liked the premise enough to try it out and the tease they dropped a few days ago definitely bumped my excitement even more. STARZ please, just give me a premiere date!
6. Show I'm sad to see it go - Schitt's Creek - I randomly discovered this show last year and absolutely loved it. It's always hard for me to find a good comedy, they're so rare these days, but the Rose family got my heart. The show is funny, but also heartfelt and I love every character. And Patrick! I fucking love Patrick! I just want to marry him and sail away. The show just started it's last season and watching it is bittersweet, I don't wanna let it go ♥
7. Current rewatch - Legend of the Seeker - I can't believe it has been 10 years since this show came out. Thanks to the nonny, who started the discussion at anon_icon and reminded me of this great show. The slow motion action scenes are EVERYTHING, and Richard and Kahlan are EVERYTHING! I'm almost done with season 1 now and can't wait for season 2... because Cara, Cara is also EVERYTHING ♥
8. Gone to soon - Sense8 - There was nothing like this show and it probably it never will be. It was so unique and OMG the characters, no cast ensemble has ever been close to what they had. They really felt like one, even though they were so different. Damn you, Netflix! This cancellation really hurt. Thank God they at least gave as 2 hour special finale and even though it felt rushed (no surprise, the creators said they already have mapped out the whole story for a few seasons), at least we got some closure. RIP Sense8, you will be missed!
9. Show, that started it all - One Tree Hill - My first fandom ever! Before that I watched on and off whatever is on tv, but this show really hooked me on tv shows and now I watch like a hundred of them. Can the days be 48 years, please? I have some catching up to do. I really loved this show, although it should have ended a few years earlier. They got through a lot and I'm glad that they got their happy endings, especially Brooke which I loved right from the start.
10. Watching out of habit - Grey's Anatomy - I can't believe I still watch this show. They pretty much got rid off/killed off all the characters I like. I miss Cristina, I miss Mark & Lexie, I miss Callie & Arizona. The few that have left have become insufferable and now that Alex is gone too, I can't find a reason to continue watching this. Sorry DeLuca, even your beautiful
And on a final note, some old 2018 icons I forgot to post:
Arrow | Hawaii 5-0 | Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | 13 Reasons Why | Elite
Riverdale x4 | The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina